Introducing Dr. Matt Brooks & Family
On Sunday, February 21st, 2016, the congregation of First Baptist Jackson unanimously approved Dr. Brooks as the 22nd pastor of our congregation since 1838.
Dr. Matt Brooks has had experience serving Southern Baptist churches in Alabama, New Mexico and Texas. He enjoys quality time with his wife Brenda, son Major (5), and daughters Maggie Joy (3) and Gracie Kate (1). He is an avid reader, history buff, and sports fan.
Dr. Brooks has a contagious energy & enthusiasm to shepherd Christ's church to fulfill the Great Commission. Come and catch it!
Now to Him Who is able to do Exceedingly Abundantly above All that we ask or think, according to the Power that Works in us, to Him be Glory in the Church by Jesus Christ to all Generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Videos introducing Dr. Matt Brooks to First Baptist Jackson
Paul Moak, Jr.
Chair, Pastor Search Committee
Dr. Jack Graham
Prestonwood Baptist Church
Dr. William Vanderbloemen
Vanderbloemen Search Group
Dr. Danny Akin
Experience Serving Southern Baptist Churches
- 2013-2016 | Senior Pastor | Westwood | Alabaster, AL
- 2008-2013 | Senior Pastor | FBC | Roswell, NM
- 2007-2008 | Associate Minister to Young Marrieds | Prestonwood | Plano, TX
- 2005-2006 | Intern to Young Marrieds | Prestonwood | Plano, TX
- 2004 | Interim Pastor | Immanuel | Perkins, OK
- 2015 | D.Min., Expository Preaching | Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- 2008 | M.Div. | Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- 2004 | B.A., Speech Communications | East Central University
- 2002 | A.S. | Northern Oklahoma College
- Sunday, February 14 | Candidate Announcement to Congregation
- Thursday, February 18 | Meet and Greet with Deacons
- Saturday, February 20 | Meet and Greet with Congregation
- Sunday, February 21 | One Worship Service "In View of a Call" | Congregational Vote
- Sunday, March 20 | "Palm Sunday" will be Dr. Brook's First Sunday in the Pulpit*
* We will begin a combined Sunday School (9:00 am) and Worship Service (10:30 am) schedule for Dr. Brooks' first 120 days, starting March 20.
Quotes about Dr. Matt Brooks
"Matt will bring growth and change, but he is wise beyond his years and he is so good relationally that people follow him willingly."
- Dr. Jack Graham, Senior Pastor, Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano, TX
"Everywhere he has been and every church he has been, he has knocked it out of the ball park. Every church he has left, the people have loved him and not wanted him to leave. His character, work ethic, and relationships are all good. Matt is very passionate and energetic for teaching the Bible and seeing people come to faith in Christ. He is very focused."
- Dr. Daniel Akin, President, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, NC
"Matt's spiritual walk is very strong and it's very evident by his preaching. He is a very strong theologian, he knows how to study and prepare. However, every message is very practical and I know that comes from his own walk."
- Lamar Slay, CEO of Partner in Church Consulting, Southlake, TX
"Matt is a very godly man, he loves his wife and family. He has a high devotion to the Lord. I've seen nothing but a servant leadership out of him."
- Mike Buster, Executive Pastor, Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano, TX