Opportunities abound to make a difference in Metro Jackson. Pray about supporting these mission opportunities with your time and gifts.
God created each of us and has gifted us with skills and abilities that we can use to spread the gospel and help others.
- Friend to Friend International Ministry
- Tuesday Metro Assistance
- Buried Treasures Ministry | Prison Ministry | Visit Page
- Mission First | Medical | Dental | Legal | Visit Page
- CityChurch | Visit Page
- Disaster Relief
- Gateway Rescue Mission - GatewayMission.org - 601-353-5864
- We Will Go Ministries - wewillgo.org - 601-398-2410
- Stewpot Community Services - stewpot.org - 601-353-2759
- Teach English as a Second Language (ESL) on Thursdays
- Teach or assist with an International Sunday School Class (SS) on Sunday morning.
- Assist with special activities for internationals in the metro area.
- Click to Learn More
You can serve with Tuesday Metro Assistance in several ways:
- Provide items such as grocery sacks, children’s books, Bibles, toilet tissue, diapers, detergent, toiletries
- Provide food items. Canned meats and canned soups with meat are the greatest needs.
- Assist with Tuesday distribution and advance organization.
- Administrative Help: Process applicants for assistance (12:00-3:00 pm)
- Spiritual counseling (12:00-3:00 pm)
Contact: Cecelia Norwood at or (601) 714-6901.
- Buried Treasures Home: Prayer partners, Visitors including family groups & Sunday School classes; Workers to help with upkeep of facility and grounds. Learn more: buriedtreasureshome.com
- Inmates: Bible Study at Hinds County Detention Center in Downtown Jackson; Write encouraging notes as a secret pal to an inmate
- Dress-A-Child for school in July: Meeting special needs for individuals and families
- Christmas Party in December: Meeting special needs for individuals and families
Contact: Clark & Valerie Rumfelt - 1-888-932-5505
- Children’s educational program, Sports ministry, Community development program, Comprehensive wellness program
- Medical/Dental Clinic
- Legal Aid office
- Visit Mission First's website for specific Service Opportunities: http://www.missionfirst.org/volunteer
- Assemble and distribute 300 sack lunches once per month
- Participate in outreach events
- Be a prayer partner
Contact: Anne Lewis - 601-940-4586 -
Upcoming Mission & Service Opportunities
Ministry Team for Missions
Missional Disciple-Making Pastor
Chinese Ministry Pastor
Executive Director, Mission First
Administrative Asst, Mission First, Local Missions
Women’s Mission and Ministry Director and Missions Deployment Coordinator