Opportunities abound to make a difference in Metro Jackson. Pray about supporting these mission opportunities with your time and gifts.
- Friend to Friend International Ministry
- Tuesday Metro Assistance
- Buried Treasures Ministry | Prison Ministry | Visit Page
- Mission First | Medical | Dental | Legal | Visit Page
- CityChurch | Visit Page
- Other Local City Ministries
- Teach English as a Second Language (ESL) on Thursdays
- Teach or assist with an International Sunday School Class (SS) on Sunday morning.
- Assist with special activities for internationals in the metro area.
ESL Contact: Mallory Rosamond 601-919-1940
You can serve with Tuesday Metro Assistance in several ways:
- Provide items such as grocery sacks, children’s books, Bibles, toilet tissue, diapers, detergent, toiletries
- Provide food items. Canned meats and canned soups with meat are the greatest needs.
- Assist with Tuesday distribution and advance organization.
- Administrative Help: Process applicants for assistance (12:00-3:00 pm)
- Spiritual counseling (12:00-3:00 pm)
Contact: Cecelia Norwood at or (601) 714-6901.
- Buried Treasures Home: Prayer partners, Visitors including family groups & Sunday School classes; Workers to help with upkeep of facility and grounds. Learn more: buriedtreasureshome.com
- Inmates: Bible Study at Hinds County Detention Center in Downtown Jackson; Write encouraging notes as a secret pal to an inmate
- Dress-A-Child for school in July: Meeting special needs for individuals and families
- Christmas Party in December: Meeting special needs for individuals and families
Contact: Dick & Nicki Benz - 1-888-932-5505
- Children’s educational program, Sports ministry, Community development program, Comprehensive wellness program
- Medical/Dental Clinic
- Legal Aid office
- Visit Mission First's website for specific Service Opportunities: http://www.missionfirst.org/volunteer
- Assemble and distribute 300 sack lunches once per month
- Participate in outreach events
- Be a prayer partner.
Contact: Anne Lewis - 601-940-4586 -
Gateway Rescue Mission - GatewayMission.org
- Serve meals
- Donate to or Assist in Thrift Stores
- Mentor in men's or women’s program
Contact: Rusty Ryan, Gateway Volunteer Coordinator - 601-353-5864 -
Salvation Army - Center of Hope - www.uss.SalvationArmy.org
- Provide meals and serve
- Mentor residents
- Bible study
Contact: Barbara Tarter, Salvation Army - 601-981-4881, x128
Stewpot Community Services - stewpot.org
- Drive routes weekly
- Work in food pantry, serve lunch, clean kitchen
- Computer lab & clothing closet
- Children’s or Teens programs
Contact: Stewpot - 601-353-2759
We Will Go Ministries - wewillgo.org
- Provide needed items such as men’s clothing, blankets
- Helpers at 3:00 each Sunday, 11:00 each Tuesday and 5:30 each Thursday night.
Contact: Amy Lancaster, We Will Go, 601-398-2410
Ministry Team for Missions
Evangelism & Missions Pastor
Chinese Ministry Pastor
Missions Deployment Director
Director of Community Missions
Ministry Asst, WMU/Women’s Enrichment
Administrative Asst, Missions
Ministry Asst, Missions