Women's Week of Ministry
Daily from 04/07/2014 to 04/12/2014
Join the women of First Baptist Jackson for a week of service to our city:
Week of Ministry Events
- Monday: House of Hope, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Tuesday: Buried Treasures, 9:30 am - 11:30 am
- Wednesday: Mission First, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Thursday: Gleaners, 8:30 am - 11:30 am
- Saturday: We Will Go, 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- PALS - Providing Adult Ladies with Support, Ongoing
How to Get Involved
Information and contact details for each day's mission:
- Monday, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- 786 Northside Drive
- A home for residents receiving outpatient care due to cancer or other serious illness – volunteer to provide a meal, a devotion or bring paper towels, toilet paper, or styrofoam cups and plates. You may bring your donations to the church and place in the red boxes on Sunday, March 30 and April 6, or bring to the WMU office during the week.
- Contact Ann Collett at 601-949-1978
- Tuesday, 9:30 - 11:30 am
- 4460 Henderson Road, Byram
- You are invited to Buried Treasures for a time of fellowship and tour of their recovery and spiritual growth home and land.
- Contact Nancy Newman at 601-942-3055
- Wednesday, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Join the women of Grace Bible study for a work day in the preschool area (wear your old clothes) and enjoy a time of fellowship at lunch.
- Contact Becke’ Melton at 601-981-3303
- Thursday, 8:30 am -11:30 am
- 237 Briarwood Drive
- Volunteer to help sort food for distribution to shelters in Jackson area.
- Contact Charlotte Scott at 601-201-7333
We Will Go
- Saturday, 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- 799 Congress Street, Jackson
- Volunteer to prayer walk, work in the garden or sort clothing
- Contact Lisa Leavell at
- Providing Adult Ladies with Support - At your convenience all year, we are offering some of our mature ladies a time of fellowship and a ride to help them accomplish an errand any day of the week. You may enjoy this so much that you and a friend coordinate by each taking a lady and then meet to treat them to a meal before you take them home. This will help bridge the gap our Pastor would like to see us accomplish as a church. A child may want to join you and that would be multi-generational!
- Contact Charlotte Scott 601-201-7333